IMI Responds to COVID-19 Pandemic
As the corona virus pandemic continues to spread, Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc.’s (IMI’s) priority remains to be the health and safety of our 17,000+ employees worldwide. Since the start of the various lockdown globally, various teams such as emergency management groups, risk and crisis management as well as emergency response teams have been mobilized in all of the manufacturing plants and offices in the twelve countries where IMI and its subsidiaries are present.
“We have temporarily closed most of our operations in some of our production sites for the safety and protection of our people,” said Arthur R. Tan, chief executive officer. “The company has been deploying a skeletal workforce to support critical business operations in a few of our manufacturing plants since the pandemic began. Guidelines are in place for those who are able to work from home (WFH) to allow employees to perform their obligations with our stakeholders,” Tan added.
“IMI will continue to adhere to the protocols and implementation by the various executive departments and health officials of each country where our manufacturing sites and offices are located,” Tan asserted.
Below are some of the measures being undertaken in our manufacturing plants, offices as well as our subsidiaries. These operating protocols are constantly reviewed and assessed to ensure that we can effectively prevent and contain the spread of the virus:
- Constant checking of body temperature, regular disinfection of work areas and shuttle buses; face masks and sanitizers are also provided;
- Consistent communication and sharing of frequently-asked-questions to all employees related to COVID-19, including personal hygiene and wellness tips (physical, emotional and mental) through various information channels;
- Postponement or cancellation of business trips;
- Accomplishment of a health declaration checklist and the observance of a mandatory 14-day quarantine period and strict requirements on securing medical clearance prior to reporting for work;
- Strict observance of social distancing measures through teleconferencing and other web-based meetings as well as in production areas, canteens and shuttle buses; and more importantly,
The human resource groups of each IMI site are in close coordination with their health maintenance partners and medical insurance groups to ensure that health services and assistance are extended to all IMI employees worldwide.
- Apart from the guidelines cited above, some of the sites also have their unique and specific measures in place:
- IMI Philippines (IMI’s headquarters) set up a stay-in accommodation facility for employees who are part of the skeletal force with travel issues in view of the lockdown.
- IMI Mexico created an app that monitors workhours for employees on WHF arrangements. Employees with health risks are asked to WFH.
- IMI Czech Republic distributed COVID-19 information booklets to all employees. They also initiated sewing of face masks for their use and for the people in the surrounding communities.
- IMI Bulgaria management is issuing documents to IMI employees that are not from the Botevgrad to allow them to go in and out of the city.
IMI shall continue to step up in making sure that all our employees globally are well and safe. Together we stand strong in confronting and outsmarting this global pandemic and ultimately do our part in reviving both local and international economies.
Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (IMI), the manufacturing portfolio of AC Industrials, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ayala Corporation is among the leading global technology solutions company in the world. IMI ranks among the top 20 EMS providers in the world by the Manufacturing Market Insider, based on 2019 revenues. In the automotive market, it is the 5th largest EMS provider in the world per New Venture Research.
IMI specializes in highly reliable and quality electronics for long product life cycle segments such as automotive, industrial electronics and the aerospace market.
From its manufacturing plants in the Philippines, China, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Serbia, United Kingdom and the United States, IMI provides engineering, manufacturing, and support and fulfillment capabilities to diverse industries globally.
For more information, visit www.global-imi.com.